The Americas Research Division analyses domestic, economic and foreign policy developments in the United States and Latin America as well as the relations between Germany/Europe and the countries of the Americas.
Its work concentrates on:
- U.S. foreign and security policy and its domestic context
- Transatlantic security relations
- The U.S. and the future of global governance
- U.S. economic and foreign economic policy
- Transatlantic economic relations
- Global Economic Governance: Reform of the world trade order and the reorganization of international financial markets
- Euro-Atlantic relations and relations between Europe and Latin America
- Inter-American relations
- Processes of regional reorganization in Latin America
- Development of democracy, cooperation and conflict in Latin America.