The Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP) is currently recruiting a part-time
Student research assistant in the EU-funded international research project »Intra- and Inter-Societal Sources of Instability in the Caucasus and EU Opportunities to Respond (ISSICEU)« (www.issiceu.eu)
The fixed-term position will start on January 1, 2016 and last until December 31, 2016.
Within the framework of ISSICEU, SWP's sub-project explores the role of Turkey in the Caucasus and in particular Turkish influences on the Georgian-Abkhaz conflict. On the empirical level, the sub-project focuses on civil society, security and military policy as well as economic relations.
The assistant’s responsibilities are to support ISSICEU researchers in
- project-related administrative tasks (e.g. event organization, project documentation, Website content maintenance)
- research inquiries (literature, online sources, statistics, datasets)
- managing the project’s internal communication platform
- organizational support for preparing publications
- knowledge of the Caucasus region
- advanced bachelor’s or master’s studies in the social sciences (political science, sociology, international relations, political geography or anthropology), we need the evidence of the status by presenting a certificate of enrolment
- fluency in German and English, Russian and/or Turkish skills are an asset
- experience in project administration and event organization
Remuneration will be in accordance with the public sector collective wage agreement, remuneration group 2 TVöD (Bund). The application deadline is November 30, 2015. Please send your comprehensive application including your letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, valid confirmation of student status as well as your university examination and degree certificates to
You can also apply by e-mail at: bewerbungen(at)swp-berlin.org